Friday 19 April 2013

GW - Festus the Leechlord


Picked this one up on a whim at GW Glasgow. Mainly because the chap in there said that there was a painting competition, the requirements were to pick one of two minis (or both), get them painted then drop them into the store in time for the competition. I actually won the competition, but no prizes... ahh well, not sure what I expected anyway. It is quite a good mini, being finecast it needed quite a lot of work to it before I could begin, mainly in terms of filling in holes and some bending back into shape. You normally get very good quality with resin, but not with finecast. It is packed full of detail, so much so that I decided to concentrate on one small area to completion at a time, otherwise I would still be painting it now. It even comes with a Heresy torso from one of their ghoul packs. A slight flipping of the bird at GW rules in general. I fear their compliments of "you could win a golden demon" were to sell me a ticket to the show....

I'll probably chuck this on ebay at some point. Unless any of you fancy it? Drop me a line if you do.

More to come in terms of Old School Classic stuff and some conversions. Once I get my act together and start photographing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment